Tuesday, April 13, 2010

HOPDATE!!!!

Roiiiteee! Soooo what has been happening!!! I have been under a lot of pressure mentally to make a few possibly life altering decisions. put a post about the HSM competition before rite? Well...i would have had to give up 7 weeks of work (consecutive weeks btw) to go on at boot camp! Now i didnt know which 1 to do...follow a dream that still had its uncertainties 4 me...or stick to a plan that i had managed to make after a lot of heavy thinking when i first moved back! I had advice from soo many places "Tola follow ur dreamz...this cud b ur big break...its just 7 weeks for the opportunity of a life time..." Then i finally spoke to my dad who talked to me for almost an hour and then some...we argued, i cried, he said some things...he went out and i sat down and thought...this man isnt saying i shudnt sing...he wants me 2 have some sort of focus and he doesnt think i have any at the moment...and i know with what im doing now business wise..even tho im not happy about it atm i had a plan... As for singing...i would create more opportunities for myself for any big break i should have if i shud have any at all! Im not dead/ dying thanks to God...and i shud not have to give up work/one plan i have made just yet Yes i say give up work because really and truly no one gets 7 weeks of leave from work....and there were too many uncertainties surrounding my going on to boot camp. Yes it was the safer choice and i feel like a pussy as always cuz Lord knows i wanted to take a risk for once in my bloody life...but i felt soooo much better after making the decision! It felt like a major weight had been lifted! I was not 100% happy but i could breathe easy...all of a sudden. I prayed and i felt ok.
So im still at work but my brain is working. Now something awesome happened on the day i was supposed to go to bootcamp. Obviously i came to work instead and i had to interview someone. Very courteous guy....well spoken. I was asking him different questions and i think this is the only interview ihave conducted that i got chills...like goose bumps every where...his passion for wht he wanted to do the plans he had made...and he just reminded me of the passion i had for what im doin now in the first place! Like i was sooo inspired! This guy got a 3rd class in uni...but he believes sooo much in what he is gunning for...WOW! If i had gone to boot camp i may have been inspired there...but i wouldnt have gotten that! That just brightened my whole day and sort of confirmed to me i had made the right choice...
Then last night...my dad sends me a message saying i shud tune in to some radio station and i thot it was for music so i did...this woman was having a talk show on whether parents should decide the career path of their kids... Ths is me thinking ok my dad just wanted 2 buttress the point he made when we had the argument concerning what i wanted to do...only for the man to call in!!! I was just screaming! e said the same things he said to me to the lady and i was just shouting at my own end...wondering hw sneaky my dad can be! He now called me and was just laughing...i now said infact i am going to call in too! So i did...he was home alredi by then and it snot like as if my dad where still at logger heads or anything...i just wanted 2 put the point of passion forward...how that had to be considered! Yes i know in this current age economic/commercial value of what you are dong has to be taken into consideration but if u do what u enjoy hu says you would not break that barrier. I told her i wanted 2 sing then she asked me to...ON FLIPPIN RADIO! well i did and she seemed impressed...and apparently so was my dad! :D :D :D :D YAAAY! She was like wow ok give the fone to ur dad (yea i told her my dad had called earlier) and then he said the smae thing and that was that....was pretty funny tho...really warm moment to if i might add...sigh...his wife needs to come back home soon tho....
Wow u guys guess what....this post was not soggy!!! Well it had nothing to do with any guy!!! Awesomeness! Thank u Jesus! We r movin on up! BOOOYAKASHAAA!!!
Ok i have to go now..the enough is enough rally is in Lagos 2day and i really wnt 2 go! I am so xcited 2 b a part of this movt in this my rudderless ship of a country...God pls help us be the change and make this change!!! Amen!!!

1 comment:

  1. BOYAKASHA!!! haahaaaa iLike - God pls help us create the chnge Naij so desperately needs...AMEN!
    bt bak to this radio p.....awww that was quite cool - 'specially with the way it ended.....father/daughter memories to reminisce over in future...haaahaaa
    n yea maaayn i totally feel u on "creating" ur big break - some fall into ur lap yea bt thas nt to say its impossible to succeed if its nt handed to u! so pls.....njoy the rest of ur work period...keep thinkin ahead, being creative...it'll happen by God's grace...AMEN!! xx

    ReplyDelete