Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ekaette

Ekaette andthe concept behind it is very funny to tell and listen to especially with the song 'Ekaette' by Maye thats out now...but you see for some 'ekaette's' out there their story isnt very funny...infact it would claw at the flesh of your heart...hear this one...

"Hi my name is 'Ekaette' strictly for the purpose of this story...and believe it this is true. I was 6 years old when my mother sent me off to live with 'family' a few hours from our humble home along with my sister and a cousin of mine. I neer knew my father and we were very poor...i am the last of 9 kids...of which 5 out these 9 passed away a while ago. Still my mum could not support us all so my going away was to help the situation at home.I got to 'Lady Joe's' house who had kids of her own...one of which is my age, a huge farm, a massive compound...and a husband! From the age of 6 i was stationed in the kitchen to prepare the food for the entire household, while my older sister and my cousin where in charge of the farm. I didnt know anything about cooking but i had to learn so sometimes...when i was cooking beans for instance...my sis nd i had to devise a means of my making sure i was doing the right thing. So in order to check if the water had dried/ not i wud stick a paper into the pot and run as fast as i could to the farm "Sister see is it ok??" Panting like nothing under the sun and she would say "ok run back o! The water is drying!!" nd i would run back to put some more in... Yup it was tough...
Concerning school my sister cousin and i obviously went to some government school while Lady Joe's kids went private...school fees must have been about N500 or so. My class mates where so helpful...they would inflate the amount when telling their parents just so they could contribute to my own tuition...and this worked till i had to write my first external exam! I didnt know what to do...they were not paying my normal tuition so i believed there was no way they were going to pay this which was even more expensive...i couldn't make my class mates pay for that could i? I was bugged down for a while, couldn't just stop my education like that ... Unfortunately i resorted to stealing...just enuf to pay for my examz nd buy my own pare of rubber slippers...my first pair...I was happy...momentarily. This little thing changed my life...for the worse...not like i was in a good situation in the first place!
Yes...one day for the thief and everyday for the owner in this case...i was found out! Lady Joe had a fit! She wanted me out of her house... She made sure i was tied to the tree at the bag...she put ground pepper into my bottom and my vagina... she got me imprisoned for one night...i was 12 years old at the time by the way...She told her husband who decided to pick me up the next day i thought he was going to yell at me some more...or thats what he told Lady Joe he was going to do...little did i know...
Then he took me to his office...i was prepared for the scolding and beating of my life ...he just told me to lie down face up...this i did with fear and trembling waiting for this punishment...then he got on top of me and told me to "open up" and i started begging and pleading...crying my eys out promising i would not take a thing fro them without askin ever again...and he just softly said "Im not trying to punish you...you want me to be your daddy right? Im trying to make that happen...so things can be easier for you at home..." Sweeter words had not been said to me...i was so happy! He wants to be my daddy...i would be accepted...finally... He saw how hopeful i looked and when i nodded slightly...he said then open up...and i did...He took away something i didnt understand, something that i had no idea of its value, in the worst way possible...and it hurt sooo much and when i told him he simply said the pain would go away...and i was ready to bear it...he would be my daddy after rite? I was ready to do all it took...then it was over. He bought me food and told me not to tell Lady Joe what had happened so my transition to daughter would be easier i assumed...so i consented to that...
His sleeping with me became regular and well he gave me money to complete my education...i finished secondary school...got into university...so i was grateful...though my relationship with Lady Joe was not improving...i got into university and well finally...something somewhat natural happened...i got a boyfriend. Now there was no way (pushing all non_exposure nd naiveté aside) was i goin to sleep with more than one man at a time so i the next time 'daddy' approached me i said no...and there was a massive blow out and i ran to see my mum. O yea i forgot to mention...i had been banned from going to see her all this while... (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment