Monday, February 22, 2010

"Unwritten Rules"

This is too random! Wrote it a while ago nd its in my opinion entirely! Feel free to say whatever...I just think life is too short for some things! :)

Seriously where do these rules come from I wonder…”As my friend thou shall not date my ex” I have heard this so many times I can honestly say it thoroughly amuses me now. Ahah! Don’t people see how illogical it is? Before anyone attacks me and says “Ehn its because it has never happened to you that’s why you are mouthing off!” I can proudly say (yes proudly because im alive now contrary to what everyone believes) that it has.
Now listen, Im not even going to say it doesn’t hurt because it does…but so does the mosquito bite you are going to get tomorrow or the next disappointment.
In this small world we live in, placing “No. Plate” on someone’s head makes no sense!
Ok look at a group of friends that go out together and meet the same people (which is almost always the case) and you in that manner create a network which is bound to grow especially in this small Lagos! Almost everyone would know everyone. Now in my age group hormones are raging on a daily…yes we are on our grind, paper chasing, dreaming big (I am proud of us “80’s babies by the way) but almost everyone is looking for that “hook-ups” LoL. Whether it’s for the mean time, to love and to cherish now and forever, or for the next 4 hours after a night of serious raving!
Anyway, the point is that dating within your social circle is almost inevitable (this does not apply to those that patronize the internet dating sites…though you may get a few surprises there. I mean you don’t know how many of your friends are as *sad/desperate as you are. LoL) So with this inevitability of interlocking social circles and raging hormones and all other factors existing in this day and age…you want to restrict human beings from liking and getting involved with people they know? I don’t know about you but I don’t think its worth it. I think the introduction of these complexities only leads to more drama that could have been avoided in the first place…as we all know! LoL
You want an example? Fine! Girl meets boy, they like each other, they have a good thing going on and then it collapses. Boy while with girl knew girl’s friend and developed feelings for her and girls friend being human thinks about it and sees that boy isn’t so bad. However, this unwritten rule about not dating a friends ex makes her question her allegiances and where they lie. She knows she already likes him so this is a lost cause and her trying to ignore it makes no sense because the suppression makes the feelings stronger…and isn’t it so weird how it is when this starts that she sees Boy a lot more than before…*sigh* life is well funny. But anyway guys being guys would not let up on the feelings they have developed and would find every reason to see Girls friend and convince her that its no big deal if they get together. Girl hears gist about this and gets suspicious, stops talking to friend and confronts boy (which I can never get over… Pshyco’s!!! I HAIL YOU) and thereby riles herself up and creates and awkward situation (its long abi?? You see what I mean?) Boy and Girls friend start sneaking around and make their hooking up look like a bigger deal than it actually is and it creates a “scandal” (I like using such words..LoL) which is interesting for the viewers but not a nice experience for those involved...people are called names, characters are slaughtered, hearts are clawed at…NOT WORTH IT!!!

Why cant we all just get along? Like I said earlier I know it hurts…deal with it like it could be you in your friends shoes…nd they wud fit perfectly!
O yes don’t doubt it!!!

Ps. Pleeeeeeease! If this offends u in anyway or whatever feel free to air ur views but this in NO WAY implies that cuz these are my beliefs i wud go out of my way to have a friends boyfriend/ex or whatever. So dont let ur deranged mind take u down that road...Im a decent girlfriend nd those who know this know this very well :)

1 comment:

  1. Alas, I'm currently dating my ex's closest friend. I never thought i would, so I'll keep clucking my tongue at myself for thinking bad of those who where in my shoes at one time or another. :)

    ReplyDelete